Saturday, May 17, 2008

Side yard...

This morning my buddy Josh and I set out to redo my small side yard. This side of the house had been forgotten about for a long time. However, this is a great space and I was excited to transform it... I believe we did! Check it out:




As you can see from the three photos above there was the start of a landscape. The two plants are a rhododendron and a burning bush. As the pictures notes, the space is pretty unkept.


Josh and I laid out the plants. Josh made a small change moving the new rhodo to the left of the Japonica Gold Mound as the Gold Mound is smaller and would be overshadowed.


I wanted to bring a line from the fence post to the edge of the concrete to completely separate the bed from the lawn. As you can see, that is a lot of grass to get rid of.



And that is the finished product. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I am pretty amazed at what a transformation the space has experienced. A run down... 2 rhododendrons, one oakleaf hydrongea, one japonica gold mound, one nandina burning bush, three coral encore azaleas, and one rock.


I am pretty sure Rummy is cursing at you in that photo.

Thanks Josh for all your help!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You forgot to mention that the rock was my contribution to the project...
I can't believe the transformation!
I'm so impressed with you. :)

a penny saved is a penny earned said...

indeed mr. west. good job!