Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cherries!!!


So the cherries are ripe! It is amazing how in a matter of a couple of days they went from almost ripe to great! We picked a lot of cherries. I would guess that it was in the neighborhood of about 30 pounds. I never expected it to be that much but Carrie and I weighted what we have and it is around 18 pounds... and our small group from church took home a bunch. Carrie and I are going to try our hand at canning some, making preserves, and a cobbler or two or twenty! The idea of having a tree in my yard that produces something that I can eat and enjoy is really awesome. It is just one of the ways God provides for me.


Our friends from church. Tim, Colleen, Deb, Carrie, and I. Jordan is behind the lense and Joe & Jessica were unable to make it. I think they hate cherries and anything to do with them for that matter. In fact, I think they hate people that like cherries. I haven't spoke to them since I told them we were picking cherries.


Working hard to get those cherries. Carrie is my cherry pie!


Carrie doing what she does best... hanging around with a weird look on her face.


Even my watch likes cherries. You may or may not know but I really enjoy mechanical watches. Their craftsmanship is outstanding and they love cherries. So I took a photo of my watch with my cherries.

5 comments:

Cheri Lynn said...

I am glad your watch loves cherries too, you have a lot in common.

a penny saved is a penny earned said...

i ate some of those cherries in my lunch today...

Jesse said...

Indeed!

Unknown said...

Seriously Jesse you may be one of the funniest people I know....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sarah. I am one wild and crazy guy.