Thursday, May 1, 2008

The battle for my backyard...

To say that my backyard was overgrown is an understatement. Initailly, I had a rainforest in my backyard! When the sun would shine there was no indication that it was doing so if you were standing under the canopy of trees. Carrie and I have worked very hard to get the yard back. I still have to spread some cedar mulch but other than that I think the very back of our yard is done... for now.

This is what I planted:

14 - Thuja Green Giants - These Arborvites will grow to approx. 20' high and 5' wide in a hedge like we have. Thuja Green Giant

7 - Azaleas - A variety of Azaleas. Some are red and some are pink. Similar to this.

3 - Fothergilla Common - This plant is native to Virgina and grows nice white bud. Fothergilla

Here are a few photos for reference:






No comments: