Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Old posts are like old photos...

It is funny how looking back at old posts is a lot like looking at old photos. Things that were relevant and current at the time of the post are now history. It can be in your face if you proclaim you were going to do something and never followed through with it. FYI. We did end up selling our massive stereo and paying the money on debt. We have generally simplified our lives since I posted these thoughts some months ago.

So I am getting rid of my stereo. This is not just any stereo.... this is a 2 channel super stereo! It is made up of component's by Classe, Acurus, B&W, Martin Logan, Audioquest, Signalcable.com, and a few others. Basically, it is a culmination of 5 years of saving and trading. However, for as much money as I have put into it I don't really use it that often. So therefore, I am selling off each component. I have gotten rid of the speakers and the preamp. Part of the reason I am selling it is because I found that my wife and I would site and watch movies or tv shows on dvd instead of doing something interactive. Recently we have begun playing cribbage. I can tell you it is far more fun to play a game than it is to watch a movie. Another reason for the departure is I want to consume less energy. It was amazing how much energy consumption a stereo and plasma television use. I have found that my possessions own me. So I figure I can just get rid of them and then the problem is solved! All I really need is my skis, backpack, tent, sleeping bag, boots, flashlight, bicycle, Carrie (wife), Rummy (my dog), Madi (Carrie's dog), bow staff, and I am good. In fact, I would like to live out of a Honda Element and ski all winter long in some Western mountain town! But for some reason I don't think Carrie will go for that!

No comments: