Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Last night I went to the midnight release party at Barnes & Noble for the forth and final book in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn.
It was interesting to say the least. I went with a co-worker, Megan, and we were definitely in the minority - over 20 and not dressed up as a vampire or in Prom dresses. I felt very much out of place, but it was a lot of fun hearing the excitement of these middle/high schoolers and seeing some of their outrageous outfits. I really wished I had my camera, but my crappy camera phone had to do.... here is a glimpse of one person we saw:

At 12:01 the first book was sold. Megan and I were in group "G" so we got our books around 12:30. I actually saw one girl from the first group open her book to the very last page, she couldn't wait to know who Bella chose, Edward or Jacob. Megan and I quickly got as far away from her as we could. The girl had a "Team Edward" shirt on and heart with Edward's name on her arm, so I knew whatever her reaction was we'd be able to tell the outcome and she ruin it for us. We darted around a bookcase out of eyesight and earshot - crisis adverted.
I didn't get home until almost 1 am, and seeing as I'm not used to staying out late anymore, I chose to go to bed rather than start reading. I'd guess most of those kids stayed up all night to read the entire book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man i wish i had the book already... i wont get mine till wednesday i think. :( stupid amazon- what was I thinking?? I think I'm going to savor the book and only read some each night since it's the last one.