Thursday, August 7, 2008

Flowers going crazy...

In early Spring Carrie and I started what we thought was just putting in a couple of azaleas to make the backyard look better. Little did she know that 5 azaleas would lead to over 50 new shrubs. It has been a lot of fun. I have learned a few things along the way. One of the best things is watching plants grow and really do well. The series of photos below is an example of that:



It is incredible how well the plants are doing around the azaleas. They are providing great root shade. It is hard to tell but the azaleas a growing really well, too.

One thing that is stressful is when a shrub I planted dying. I don't understand why they die and no matter what I do, nothing helps. It stinks, but I guess nature takes its course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should help us with our yard... it is pretty hurting!

Anonymous said...

You can come help me with my yard! It is so bad. I have gone to letting the flower beds get run over by weeds and then just mowing it like grass. It is so hick (asian-style). At least it is well fertilized due to Penny's daily contributions.

I told your dad he should write to blogs he reads. I am trying to set a good example.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Sherry