Friday, June 6, 2008

My pursuit of a fat chedder stack...

Since I was about 12 or 13 I have been figuring out ways to make money. I always wanted more. I remember reading a book when at about 13 years old called YBI: Young Boy, Inc. (ISBN: 1889557005) and thinking what they were doing was not that bad because people chose to buy the drugs. YBI was simply making them available... capitalism. As I grew up I realized that my perspective was incorrect. I thought that the more money I had the more happiness it would bring. As I have gotten older I am realizing that money doesn't bring happiness... sure it is nice to go on vacations, visit family, and get a gadget once in a while, but other than that it doesn't matter how much money Carrie and I have. I am more content spending time with Carrie at home on the deck watching the dogs than I am doing just about anything else. I am content spending time with friends. I don't speak from experience but it would seems that money can can divide people into groups of those that have and those that don't. There is such a disparity of wealth among people. I am all for the enterprising entrepreneur that goes out, starts a company, and does really well with it. In fact, I encourage it! I am just saying for myself I would prefer to go out and start a company, do well with it, earn enough money so Carrie can stay home with our kids, save for their college, and then give the rest of the money away to worth while causes. There are many people in this world that need financial help. I am not talking about people that choose not to work and milk the system.

It is the simple things in life that bring me joy... like seeing a job completed, growing a garden, eating fajitas, and riding my bicycle.

I feel like the more I change the more I stay the same... I just glean a little new knowledge from each experience. Like the time last week when I stuck my tongue in the outlet on the wall... it had two outlets, one on the top and one on the bottom. Don't put your tongue in the top outlet... it will shock you. However, the bottom one should be fine.

No comments: