Monday, November 17, 2008

Sundance, Here I Come!

I love movies. Those of you who know me, know this already. My favorite past time is to see a movie. Drama, Comedy, Thriller, Romance, Action, Foreign, Dark Comedy... (any genre except Horror actually). I don't even mind going by myself to the theater (actually for some movies I prefer it). I love Netflix. Great variety of movies, delivered directly to my door! I love to eat popcorn while I watch movies, especially homemade popcorn accompanied by cheese cubes (or with Mike & Ike's as Heika introduced to me awhile ago). Why am I telling you this? To give you an idea how exciting this next exclamation is:
I am going to the 2009 Sundance Film Festival!
Jesse is going to Utah at the end of January for an outdoor retail tradeshow and to ski for a week. He discovered that the Sundance Film Festival was going to be the same week as the tradeshow in approximately the same area. He asked if I'd be interested in going... of course I was! Getting tickets was quite a task though! It took a lot of determination, sweat, and tears (well, actually just determination). First, I had to wait for a certain date until I could register. After I registered, I had to wait a few weeks to see if I would be one of the random picks to be assigned a time-slot. I was one of the lucky chosen and got my time-slot, but I still wasn't guaranteed tickets! Wednesday night at 6pm EST, I logged on, said a prayer, and then proceeded to purchase. What a stressful time as I waited for the page to load to see if my purchase went through.... Here is me after I got my confirmation:
I got a weekend pass which allows me to see any films I want Friday - Sunday, and I also get to go to an award presentation on Saturday night! They haven't announced yet the films that will be at the festival.
I'm so excited about this! I will be sure to post pictures of my adventure and I'll let you know how many famous people I meet. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad that worked out for you!

P.S. I'm also a bit jealous.