Friday, November 14, 2008

Do you know this Carrie?

Do you recognize Carrie on the left? That was probably around 2003 or so. That is the Carrie I fell madly in love with. That is the Carrie I would do laundry for, wash dishes with, and clean the house without complaining. It dawned on me yesterday while talking to my very good friend Paul that I have lost the desire to serve my wife. I forgot that simply posting a sound on our blog or telling her she looks good is not a enough. It is not enough for me to say I am going to do things to help out. I forget or just didn't care that Carrie works all day and then comes home and does the laundry, cooks dinner, and picks up around the house. I have become a husband that comes home and does nothing. I realized that the way to make my wife madly in love with ME again is by serving her. By cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and washing the dishes. Then when that is done I can post a sound on our blog and tell her she looks nice. Once I have done all these things I may get lucky... but if I don't, I still have a wife who loves me more than anyone else and is passionately desires to be with me. I feel so stupid that I was letting things slip away. So ashamed that I allowed my wife to carry the load. That I was selfish in always doing what I wanted. Never taking her out on a date. Rarely giving her the opportunity to gets dressed up and feel sexy. For the last couple of years I have failed as a husband. I think it is important for everyone to know that I have become that guy. I took Carrie on a date last night to Outback and as we were sitting in the booth I was taken back to when we were dating and all my thoughts centered around Carrie. How she had my complete attention. I waited for the phone to ring and when it was her I acted cool like I just happened to answer on the first ring. My deep love of Carrie is still there I have just allowed myself to get "busy".

Carrie, I am sorry for not treating you like the light of my life. That I have made playful fun of you around other people. I will from this point treat as you should be treated. I love you.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love you too. Thank you.