Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Garden... three buckets.

Carrie and I are preparing to plant our first garden. At this point I think it is going to consist of tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. The tomatoes are going to be grown in 3 five gallon buckets so we have more room for other stuff in our space. We have have space beside our deck that is the perfect candidate for a small garden which will hopefully be sufficient for us and a couple of our friends. Our friends would like to teach their children about planting and harvesting from God's creation. I'm looking forward to trying our hand at consuming some of our own vegetables that were grown on our land. Because I have heard it said, "you ain't no kind of man unless you own land." So now we are going to harvest some of the land we own. I'll post pictures as soon as the space is prepared.

No comments: