Monday, May 18, 2009

Jesse is 30!

Jesse turned 30 this May 15th. Buying gifts for Jesse is always difficult because, even if he tells you what he wants, he usually ends up exchanging it for something else. I've learned to just let him pick out his own gifts, but this year I couldn't do that. Not for his 30th birthday! It had to be special... So, I decided on a gift that couldn't be exchanged or returned - a surprise. Planned a couple months in advance, I decided to take Jesse to Falls Church, VA to see Mason Jennings in concert. I didn't tell him what we were doing, only that we were heading towards DC because he drove part of the time. : )
"Where are we going?"
We made a stop at this really neat antique shop on our way there where Jesse got a cool oil painting.
Jesse and his 1968 oil painting of sailboats.
Jesse finally 'figured out' where we were going when we pulled up to the venue. His only prior guess was that I was taking him to a Capitals game, but he wasn't disappointed.
Jesse in front of The State Theatre
The concert was great and Jesse told me it was his best birthday ever.... success!
Notice the couple posing for our picture behind us

1 comment:

lynn d. said...

That does look like it was a very special day. Good idea Carrie - nothing like the gift of time spent with the one(s) you love.