Saturday, September 20, 2008

Went hiking with part of our small group.

Last night we took off from Lynchburg at about 6:30 to go camping at McCafe Knob off of 311 in far away. We camped out and hiked to the top this morning. It was a great time and the view was amazing! We saw a black bear just down the trail from us. It is the first time I have seen a bear in Virginia. I look forward to another trip with the small group. The weather is perfect for hiking and camping now.Carrie is so good at making really cute faces!




That is one crazy cliff. Even sitting on the edge was crazy!
They thought it would be fun to have a knife fight.
A group shot minus Joe and Jess and boy. Sorry you couldn't come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe you saw a bear! Scary

Cheri Lynn said...

My stomach turned just looked at you guys on the edge of that cliff. Especially Jesse sitting there, my hands are sooo sweaty!