Sunday, July 6, 2008

Three Ridges & The Priest Wilderness

So two weeks ago my Dad, Uncle, Cody (cousin), Ariel (cousin), and myself went hiking and camping on the Appalachian Trail. My uncle asked me to find a good place to go... naturally I found a place. I know of a couple of places around my house that provide great views and some good hiking. What I didn't know is that the section I took them on is considered by many to be the most difficult vertical climb on the entire trail. It was pretty brutal. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we did it and would do it again, I would just slim down my pack to essentials. Did I really need to bring my 6 person glass hookah? In hindsight, a 4 person would have been fine. Anyways, it rained for the better part of the first day, which kept us cool. I will post more photos later and a better write-up and maybe some links to what we hiked.




Not sure who this bozo is below... I think he was a through hiker. He followed us the entire time. We finally clubbed him and left him in a stream.

1 comment:

poppy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.