Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I won't forget the adventure.

Some say life is an adventure. It is easy to say something but have no indication that what you say is what is so. Looking at my life there is a lot of adventure. This adventure may not be apparent to those around me, I guess it shouldn't be because its not their adventure. I have seen and experienced adventure with money, time, relationships, and stuff.

Money: I have dug Carrie and I some pretty deep financial holes. Thankfully, Carrie is great at managing the books. I had a very difficult time accepting our personal financial crisis. But I can tell you that we were not able to experience freedom from this pit until we took responsibility and owned our debt. We are close.

Time: I have attempted to free up time by giving up some hobbies. Back in the day I golfed all the time. I don't anymore... I may go 4 or 5 times per season which is enough for me. I have made a commitment to myself that any new hobby I take on Carrie must be able to join in. We went fly fishing together and it was a great time!

Relationships: Spending time with people is fun. I enjoy conversation. I enjoy sharing my vision and hearing about other peoples vision. It is especially great when two visions can be joined for a greater vision.

Stuff: Carrie and I have gotten rid of a lot of the "stuff" that filled our house. It is a constant struggle for me to get rid of stuff. I think what if I need this or that again... it is not worth keeping if I use it every once in a while. I prefer to borrow a friends. I tell my friends if I have something don't buy it because you can use mine.

No comments: