Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day!!

Wow! This snow sure took us by surprise! Sure, they'd been calling for it all day and the previous day, but how many times have we actually had the snow that's expected?
As the snow began to fall Friday night, we invited our community group over for some pizza, snacks and games. We all watched in amazement as the snow kept coming, and coming... Two of the couples left together and called us about 20 minutes later - they only made it halfway down the street and were stuck! They started walking back with plans to crash with us for the night, but some friendly stranger with 4-wheel drive stopped and took them home. It's nice to hear good samaritans like that still exist today.
Jesse and I stayed up until the wee hours of the night, enjoying the fire and watching the snow fall....
Saturday morning arrived and it was STILL SNOWING!! Jesse measured and estimates we got about 15 inches. Unbelievable!! I haven't seen that much snow in a really long time.


It really is a Winter Wonderland. Madi loves the snow and jumped right in, whereas Rummy stood on the porch shivering. I didn't want to embarrass him by posting a picture, he tries to come across as a manly dog.
So, what do you do when you're snowed in?? Jesse and Scott played Xbox 360 pretty much all day long and then went to the neighbor's and played pool for awhile. I, on the hand, painted part of our living room. It took me pretty much all day long. The color is Smoky Blue and it covers 3 walls. I'll be finishing the rest over New Year vacation (hopefully). The other color is called Prelude and is a lighter shade of blue. I'll post more pictures when everything is complete and the house is put back together!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrie,

I love the color you did the living room. I can't wait to see the final product :) See you in a couple of days!

Love,
Heidi

Cheri Lynn said...

Looks awesome Carrie, good job!

lynn d. said...

The fire looks very cozy, but I wish you had a screen in front of that fire place (do I sound like grandma?)
Love the snow story and the paint looks beautiful! Great job Carrie!
See you soon.

simplyMae said...

I LOVE that color Carrie great choice it is looking awesome!! I love your snow pictures too, Madi looked cute :) And your fire looked so cozy, Wish we could have been there :)

Greg said...

Your house really looks great! What a change from when you moved in. Sounds like it's time to get Rummy a new name - perhaps he could be named after a mobster in the Sopranos. Two words, eight letters, starts with B.P.?

Unknown said...

Great job painting! It looks really good! Too bad we wont be able to get any of that done while you're home at my future house! haha Cant wait to see you guys!

Lovely Little Nest said...

I still can't believe it snowed that much in the 'burg! So crazy! The paint color you chose is fabulous, I love it! Hope all is well with you guys! :)

Forum Bagar said...

visit my blog ya ni special gaming blog forumbagar.blogspot.com

Robert smith said...


I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful