Saturday, January 17, 2009

5 days till Sundance....


I can't believe it's almost here! I thought about it last night and actually got butterflies in my stomach. On Thursday, I will be on my way to Park City, UT for the 2009 Sundance Film Festival! I've been working on my schedule and it was a bigger task than I had imagined. In my head, I always imagined the festival to take place in this enormous clearing with heated tents set up everywhere as makeshift theaters. The festival actually takes place between approximately 20 theaters in 3 different cities. So I also have to consider location when choosing the films I want to see. I want to waste as little time as possible going between cities (which are about 45 minutes apart). I think I've got it worked out. I'm planning to see 5 movies on Friday, 5 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. Sunday will also hold some award presentations. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So my friend Blake's short film won YouTube's Sundance contest. As the director YouTube is flying him to Sundance to screen the film. I don't know all the details but if you see anything about YouTube or the film Perfecto!, that's his film. Check it out, if you'd like...

http://perfectofilm.com

And wow! Have a blast!

lynn d. said...

Be careful, have fun.